Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't Install MAcromedia Shockwave

• Please log in to reply

cabalac

cabalac

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I keep trying to install Macromedia Shockwave player from the Macromedia site or from the installer I downloaded but it keeps stopping halfway and it gives me a "You do not have access to make the required system configuration modifications. Please rerun this installation from an administrators account" error. My account is an administrators account but it still won't install :tazz: .any help would be greatly appreciated since my kids go to plenty of sites that make use of the shockwave player and they keep bugging me to fix it ;)

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You may have to go to Administrative Tasks in the Control panel and run it from there, or at least be logged in as Administrator to run it.

cabalac

cabalac

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
My account is an administrators account but it still keeps giving me the same message. How do I run it from the control panel?

cabalac

cabalac

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I tried installing it in safe mode from the administrators accounts but the same error occured