Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

outlook express 6

• Please log in to reply

shell38

shell38

• PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
I have just brought a new computer and it has xp on it and already installed was Norton internet security 2005. i am using outlook express 6 . I can recieve emails fine but when i go to send them this is the error i get

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was '[email protected]'. Subject 'test', Account: 'pop.ntlworld.com', Server: 'smtp.ntlworld.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 you are not allowed to send mail to <[email protected]>', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

well reading the web i see there are lots of problems with norton and outlook. I have tried turning off the email settings and even disable antilvirus and security all together. this does nothing.

I have been incontact with ntl, microsoft, pc world where i brought my new computer and symantec but no one seems to want to help.

Im not even sure it is the norton as it still does not work when i turn it all off. As said this is a brand new computer only had it a week and have not been able to send since i have got it.

So any help ideas what it could be i would be most grateful as my fingers are hurting so much trying to search for help and phoning etc.

Many thanks
Shell

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Is it possible that that particular email address is incorrect, or that the recipient has blocked you? Norton is not causing your problem- from the error message you are receiving, your email server is not finding that address as valid, for some reason. Please do not turn Norton off, or you will be another victim of internet malware. If you are sure that the address is valid, a phone call or email to your ISP (or mail server) may be in order.

Johanna

shell38

shell38

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
Well i think i must have a big red face on i think i have sorted that prob out as one of my characters was missing from my email address in my accounts i rectified that and it sorta seems to be working.

The only other thing that is not working with outlook is this but again this might be my fault.

I used to work on windows 98se and used out look express on my old computer i saved what i thought was all the settings. i have saved them on cd and i have tried to import my address book, and also all my folders that had emails in.

For some reason this keeps coming up with error.

When my old pc had to have the hardrive formated i used this cd to put the old addresses and folders back into it and it worked fine.

Is it because now i am using xp would that be the problem.

Many thanks for help
Shell

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
it may be the fact that outlook EXPRESS and outlook save the mail files in different formats (i think...am almost pretty sure)

shell38

shell38

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
no i was using outlook express 6 on old computer and im still using outlook express 6 on new one so they should be the same, well would of thought.

thanks
Shell

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
ok..thought you were going from oe to outlook...sorry

shell38

shell38

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
sorry i was prob not clear. so have u any ideas about this

thanks

Caine

Caine

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
http://www.microsoft.../importing.mspx

Check out the link. It should have everything you need to import your stuff into Outlook Express. Good luck, and let us know if it works. :tazz:

shell38

shell38

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
hi sorry but i have done all this and it will not work. says error

maybe i should try saving again see what happens

shell