Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My desktop colors are fading......but it is not du

• Please log in to reply

geostell

geostell

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I wonder if anyone can help. Yesterday I noticed a discoloration on the top of my screen, then today most of the right side is also discolored. On an open window, it is even more obvious, and the icons in, for eg Outlook Express seem to be discoloring to the point of fading, likewise the scroll bar on the right. As the PC is relatively new and still under warranty I took the monitor back to the shop, and they lent me a brand new one, so when I fired up the PC with the new monitor, was surprised to note that the problem still exists. Please help....

Advertisements

Smokey

Smokey

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,423 posts
Welcome geostell <_<!

Make sure their are no magnets of any kind near the monitor. Magnets are a big cause of discoloration. If there are no magnets, it's probably a problem with your speakers. If your speakers are not magnetically-shielded, it will cause discoloration on your monitor. Try moving the speakers away from the monitor and see if the helps. :D

geostell

geostell

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you, nathanhuth, for your reply. You were spot on, magnets were the cause. I realised I had a cordless phone unit sitting on my PC desk, and of course this was causing the problem!! Sooooo..............phone moved to another part of the room, monitor is now fine. A bit red faced when going back to the shop to get my perfectly good monitor back! Thanks again! <_< :D