Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

putting a new cpu in

• Please log in to reply

Dobbo1337

Dobbo1337

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hey, I really need some help with this. Post asap please.
I have a p4mdpt mother board and recently bought an Intel Celeron D processor to install into it. However, when i put the processor in and turn my computer on absoloutly nothing happens. I really dont know whats wrong can some one help me please

Advertisements

Dobbo1337

Dobbo1337

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Someone....please?

Dobbo1337

Dobbo1337

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
ok, i'm not sure but i think it may be my front side bus speed, it's currently running at 404 MHz and the CPU requires 533. However, my motherboard spec says that i have 533 on all the documentation etc...
Is there anyway to change this ?! :tazz:

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

That board does not support the celeron processor only Support Socket 478B processor for Intel Pentium 4

Rick

Dobbo1337

Dobbo1337

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Damit :tazz: ok thanks for replying

Dobbo1337

Dobbo1337

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
but i already have an intel celeron in my computer :tazz:

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hmmmmm, sorry, the specs I read for the board did not list any celeron support, guess I was wrong.

The cpu could be bad but make sure it is installed correctly and no bent pins.
Also make sure the fan connection on the heatsink is installed to the correct header on the mobo.

Thats all I can think of at the moment maybe someone with more knowledge of your board and intel in general will respond.

Rick