Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help!VIRUS!

• Please log in to reply

outofmymind

outofmymind

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello I REALLY, REALLY need help!!!! im not so bright on coputers and this BLUE Wallpaper took over my COMPUTER. PLEASE HELLP!!! Step by Step. this it what the wallpaper haves... (A Fatal error in IE has occured at 0028:C0011E36 in VXD VMM<01> + 00010E36. Error was caused by Trojan-spy.HTML.Smitfraud.c)
Now What shuld i do??????

Advertisements

ejay563

ejay563

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
The first, most obvious thing to do is to scan your computer for viruses. If you dont' have an antivirus program, it is essential you get one. I prefer Norton andti-virus, but McAfee Version is ok too. Install it, update the definition files, then scan for viruses. the program should remove anything it finds If it cannot, copy down the file path, and I'll tell you what to do next. Good luck!!!

-Erik

outofmymind

outofmymind

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I dont have McAfee. but I have ad-aware can that be use???

ejay563

ejay563

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
Ad-aware only removes spyware. You will need to buy either Norton antivirus, Mcafee anti-virus. I use Norton, so if you need help, and you get McAfee, I may not be able to help you further. anyway, that is your next step. Hope this helps.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.