Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New DVD burner won't read discs

• Please log in to reply

totallylost

totallylost

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:tazz:

I have had this computer for less than a month and already it's playing up on me. The dvd burner that came already installed was working fine up until a week ago. When it was working I burnt a couple of cd's and one dvd. Then last week I put in a new cd to listen too and the drive started running really fast and wouldn't let me eject the cd without shutting down windows first. In the morning it was working fine and I was transferring photos that I had on cd to the computer, then in the afternoon it started playing up. Now I can't play anything in there. If I put a disk in it makes a noise like it's trying to play but nothing happens and it takes ages to eject. The troubleshoot says that the device is working properly.

I have Nero OEM Suite (Nero Express 6.6, Nero Vision Express 3 etc) and Newtech Infosystems CD & DVD Maker (6.7).

Advertisements