Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hijack This log file...Please help!

• Please log in to reply

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
The XP CD would surely cure your PC's ills. If you want to keep plugging away, I'm game.

Explain exactly which programs lack association, and provide as many details as possible.

We might as well shoot for 100 replies <_<

Advertisements

Brewman

Brewman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Yeah I will look for the cd, but I am not sure if I will find it! To better explain what happens whenever windows loads, I go to click on a Icon to run an executable prgram it comes up with an error that says "this file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the folder options control panel." This message comes up whenever I try to load a program. But after running a few different virus scans, I am never finding any kind of virus. It might have something to do with my system files being corrupt? But I have been basically out of commission the last week, other then sometimes I could right click on a program and click run as and the program would sometimes run. So you see why I am so frustrated! Shooting for 100!! <_<

Smokey

Smokey

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,423 posts
Do my last suggestion.

Brewman

Brewman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
In an earlier email i was aked to check what kind of file system I have for my drive and it is FAT32, I am not sure if this makes a difference but can you please just let me know what this would mean, and if it could help maybe to solve our problem.

Thanks!

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
No, the file system won't make any difference. You may try changing the file associations for each type of file that's not opening. See this MSKB article: http://support.micro...9&product=winxp