Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

half life 2

• Please log in to reply

head75jh75

head75jh75

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
My friend bought half life 2 right after it came out. He then installed it. His computer one day did not work so he had to reboot it and every thing was lost along w/ the game. He recently decided he wanted to play the game but he couldnt even after installing it again. when u install this game u need a code and u have to register it. but when he went to type the code in it said already in use. He already went to the website he registered it at but forgot his password :tazz: What should he do. ;)

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Go on the steam website and get in touch with the techsupport guys, there shouldnt have been a need to use the key you just login with your steam details and it should work.

head75jh75

head75jh75

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Go on the steam website and get in touch with the techsupport guys, there shouldnt have been a need to use the key you just login with your steam details and it should work.

View Post

by details do you mean his username and password. If you do, he forgot them. Is there a way to reset the code???

inferno_blaze

inferno_blaze

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
this sounds suspicious but sieng as he forgot his password perhaps he should use the forgot your password link on the steam login (correct me if there isn't one because whilst typing this I'm not on a comp with steam installed

head75jh75

head75jh75

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

this sounds suspicious but sieng as he forgot his password perhaps he should use the forgot your password link on the steam login (correct me if there isn't one because whilst typing this I'm not on a comp with steam installed

View Post

He forgot his username to. You have to have it in order to use that link.

2GR84U

2GR84U

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Isn't your username your email adress though?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Nope.