Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Counter strike laggg

• Please log in to reply

angryamerican

angryamerican

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
for some reason today im getting terrible lag on servers i normally ahve one of the best latencies

im running a...
gigabyte 6600gt vid card
amd 3500+
1gig ram

and im on a 3mb dsl connection..

i really have no clue why i am getting the lag

Advertisements

angryamerican

angryamerican

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
anyone? i usually have 40's for latency now im anwhere from 100-200

also i reformatted and its still the same

RogueComGeek

RogueComGeek

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
WOW thats insane :-|
your talking about ping wise correct not like laggy where it feels like a slideshow?
more like where your running you shoot the guy and it takes awhile for it to respond (he dies)?

i would say it could be the internet connection (isp) (ask aroudn in your area to see if it this true.) in town alot of gamers here were complaing of something like that. ping would go from 70-500 and back down randomly thoughout town lol. getting a bit cloged up and needs to buy more or something like that to keep up with demand.

Edited by RogueComGeek, 30 July 2005 - 10:46 AM.

angryamerican

angryamerican

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
the problem is, i get no lag, but people say im lagging...

i keep getting kicked from the servers i like to play at because they think im "lag hacking"...

i dunno its gotta be internet related tho because i can play half life 2 with max video settings with no problem...