Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

display problem

• Please log in to reply

boefpo

boefpo

• Pip
  • 4 posts
hi everyone, i'm new to this site and hopefully someone can help me with my problem...

i have a eVGA GeForce FX 5700 Ultra graphics card and i'm worried that its defective. i used to get these green vertical lines that appeared in blocks all across the screen, as in they werent completely whole from top to bottom and were seperated into groups. when windows started the lines disappeared except for four small turquoise lines that follow the mouse cursor around and only show up over a white background. i could hold a fan close to the card and cool it off, and the problem usually went away until the card got too hot again. then recently, after windows loads my monitor goes into hibernation. i booted up in safe mode (none of the problems exsist in safe mode) and uninstalled the video drivers, restarted, then reinstalled the drivers and i can finally boot in normal windows now, but the lines are still there and i cant get rid of them. can anyone help? i'm really have no idea what it might be.

Advertisements

boefpo

boefpo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
does anyone think this could be the culprit of bad wires or something? i downloaded a program that tells me the voltage of the different wires, and everything looks pretty low. for example +5.00 V is usually around 3.50 V and my -12.00 V was down to -6.00 V! what do yall think?