Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

cant sign into msn messenger

• Please log in to reply

Nadya

Nadya

• Pip
  • 7 posts
ok so along with alot of other people i have had the problem that i couldnt sign into my hot mail or msn, all of a sudden my internet explorer just died so to say...and so we dowloaded firefox, so now we can use hotmail...but the msn doesnt work still it keeps saying we are not able to sing you in at the moment try again later. 80072efd. i cant take it, i have tried everything and nothing seems to work...i need help!

Advertisements

Moon\/\/alker

Moon\/\/alker

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Well first of all try uninstallin ur msn messenger n installin it back.....if tht dsnt work update ur windows messenger sumtimes thts needed....if it still dsnt work then check ur internet connection...see if ur internet explorer is set to work offline....and if the problem still dsnt goes there r other alternatives to msn messenger like trillian n stuff...or u can use he online mseesenger www.e-messenger.net and yes get the latest version of msn mesenger! :tazz:

midwestballer

midwestballer

• Pip
  • 3 posts
i had the same problem but then i just turned my fire wall down a little bit for like 5 minutes and logged in and then put it back up. and it fixed the problem permanatly

Nadya

Nadya

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
ok thanx i'll try all of that, how do i put the fire wall down....?

midwestballer

midwestballer

• Pip
  • 3 posts
it should be under ur control panel.

Moon\/\/alker

Moon\/\/alker

• Pip
  • 5 posts
what r the anti viruses you are using?.....are u using a firewall?....if u r then it will ask for access before givin it 2 ur msn messenger...so u allow tht..but if still it dsnt work that its not your fire wall it sumthin elz....for best results use PC-Cillin Internet Security 2005 or McAfee Security Centre :tazz:

HarryMay

HarryMay

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
you might also look to see if msn has added "msn control center" to your list of programs.I had all kinds of problems and finally an msn tech said just delete the s.o.b. wich solved everything.What this is I aint got a cl;ue but it reaappears now and again but never stays too long.

Japstar

Japstar

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
I had a similar problem where i couldn't connect to msn. I have 7.0 and so I went to:
Tools>Options and then to connection on the left hand side. I then clicked Advanced settings under Connection setting. I then clicked on Test TCP Connection. It then came up saying success and that I can sign in.

I also clicked on Test HTTP Proxy Connection and it also said success and that I can sign in.

Just try it and see what it comes up saying

Japstar :tazz:

Nadya

Nadya

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Tools>Options and then to connection on the left hand side. I then clicked Advanced settings under Connection setting. I then clicked on Test TCP Connection. It then came up saying success and that I can sign in.

I also clicked on Test HTTP Proxy Connection and it also said success and that I can sign in.

ok i did the TCP connection test, and it sait everything is good..and when i tested the HTTp Proxy connection it didnt work...so something is wrong with that....

Edited by Nadya, 01 August 2005 - 03:05 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
was this after disabeling the windows firewall?

Nadya

Nadya

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
no....ill go do that...

Nadya

Nadya

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
how do i get to my firewall???

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
open your control panel and look for the thing called firewall....or the system security center

Japstar

Japstar

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
If you still have the problem check out this site:

Error code 80072efd MSN Messenger

and

Msn 7.0 error message 80072efd

Hope they help

Japstar :tazz:

Japstar

Japstar