Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mouse problem

• Please log in to reply

Sabutai

Sabutai

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi guys,
My mouse has gone insane (standard optical Genius).
Suddenly the pointer began to bounce here and there, to re-appear in the left-bottom corner of the screen. I've tried to fix any suspicious running processes but there was none of them. I tried to connect another mouse - worked fine! Itried my mouse with another computer - without any troubles. I thought it was just a sort of malware who fixed my mouse hardware ID or something similar. Well, because it was already the time to refresh my PC, I decided to take this as an order from above to perform a full format. So I didn't take trouble of it any more and formatted my system drive to reinstall WinXP SP2 (embedded).
After Windows installation the problem persists! I noticed some strange messages from some ESENT that says whether wuauclt.exe and wuaueng.dll are starting and stopping some databases (I haven't any DB on my PC). The only software alongside WinXP and my drivers installed is WinTasksPro 5.0. Also I found wuauclt1.exe and wuaueng1.dll besides wuauclt.exe and wuaueng.dll in my system32 folder. They re-appear when deleted. I'm not sure these are standard Windows system files, are they?
Each time re-appearing, they cause another set of ESENT messages to appear in Event Viewer (application messages section). I looked for and found some esent*.dll's and exe's in my system32 folder which are also re-created when deleted.
Does these libraries have something to do with the mouse problem?
Help me out, please... :tazz:

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
no, you have a bad mouse.

the wua...files are part of windows update

the esent... files are part of the event monitor process...

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
if it's an optical mouse (i think you said that..ive already forgotten) then check to make sure the bottom is clean, are you using a mouse pad? if you have a textured desk then maybe it is picking up that texture (my mouse goes very stupid when i don't use a pad because of the designs in the desk) have you tried updating the drivers?

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Sabutai...

If your mouse pad or desk (whatever it it you use for a "mousing surface") is a shade of red or orange...that, too, will cause your pointer to go bonkers.

wannabe1

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
or if you use one of those stupid holographic mouse pads