Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

FTP problems

• Please log in to reply

Clarita

Clarita

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok, im new to FTP. Ive built a site with a software. If i need to use a pic i just click on insert image and well u know how it goes. Then, i save the page and go to cute ftp. i upload the html file i just built and i upload the image BUT i go to the page and the image is not uploaded. ill show ya:

This is how the site should look like:

http://xs36.xs.to/pi...272/example.jpg

but this is how it looks like. Http://urbandreamz.forever-krazy.net

;) i need help...the file extension is correct and it says it was uploaded correctly but then it doesnt show...somebody help meeeee!!!! :) :tazz:

{{KiSs3z}}

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
so..basically when you put a new picture...you insert the picture into the html file thats on YOUR computer? then you just upload the picture to the location that your site is being hosted?

Clarita

Clarita

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
yeah... :tazz: ...is that wrong? plz help ;)

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
yeah....what you need to do is upload both the new image and the new version of the html file....just overwrite the old one with the new one and it will go through fine

Vertigo101

Vertigo101

• Pip
  • 8 posts
this is just my two cents, but i believe that all web page editing should be done with a text editor. I am no webpage designer, nor have i made any web pages other than at home practice. But, its not hard to use notepad. Even better is a text editor that automatically fills in common used entrys. If you switch from using software i think you'll be alot happier. A good place to start is www.pagetutor.com