Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Connection

• Please log in to reply

adreamfulfilled

adreamfulfilled

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Good morning.. I actually have two problems and I am so frustrated.. :tazz: Here goes: Ran spyware remover.. do quarantine and computer starts acting up..so I reboot..when i rebooted it comes up with just my background no icons no nothing other than a big x.. so i reboot in safe mode run norton (which expired) so it of course didnt pick up anything.. ran another program which fixed the problem as far as the computer itself..getting into programs etc.. but I can't connect to the internet.. (which is thru cable modem) in the beginning it would say connected but with limited or no connectivity.. so i call earthlink, who advises me to do start run cmd and then the ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew and i get an error message saying something about the isp provider ip something.. (sorry left it at home) Can someone tell me wht the problem could be?? As far as the modem, well it will work in my laptop after messing around with it for a bit.. i actually have to connect through dial up and then remove the cord from the computer??? how weird is that.. please please please help me :)

oh and did i mention that neither my dvd/cd-rw drives are working?? ;)

Edited by adreamfulfilled, 28 July 2005 - 06:14 AM.

Advertisements