Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Limit the RAM used by app's

• Please log in to reply

Mr.KnowItAll

Mr.KnowItAll

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Hello... :)

I'm using a new version of some app that consume a lot of my RAM.
The app start as normal consumer but after several hours it consuming a lot or RAM.
I thought of asking u guys if u know some kind of app that i can limit the use of RAM for some app running on my computer.

Thanks for your help :tazz: ;)

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
there is no way to limit the amount of ram an app uses. Since you didn't specify the app it leaves me wondering exactly what it is you are running.... could be you just need to unintall it, reboot, and reinstall it.

Mr.KnowItAll

Mr.KnowItAll

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Im using the new version on eMule from Lionetwork.net

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
well I don't know if its the same but I use the one from here: http://www.emule-pro...general.cgi?l=1

they just released 46c. I don't have it startup when I boot the computer. I only startup the app when I want to run it.