Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

World of Warcraft

• Please log in to reply

Cloud Striffe

Cloud Striffe

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
I just got a free 14 day trial of WoW to try out on my new lappy. I was just wondering what would be a good race and class for such a short period of time. Like what in your own opinion would be the most fun to lvl quick and be able to dominate the newbs, although i am one haha kinda hypocritical huh? Anyway i know alot of people play this game and i would like to know what everyone thinks.

Advertisements

Cloud Striffe

Cloud Striffe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
Can anyone help me out?

kraz3d

kraz3d

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
eh, it depends. Shaman and warlocks are very good classes. For alliance, Night Elves have a good storyline and same with Humans. And for the Horde, Orc, Tauren and Troll have a good storyline. Here are some information on each of the classes.

Paladins:Upholders of the Holy Light and defenders of the Alliance, the Paladins can be found from the northern forests of the Tirisfal Glades, fighting back the advance of the Forsaken, to the southern reaches of the Blasted Lands, ceaselessly upholding their vigil against demonic forces from beyond the Dark Portal. Wielding their mighty hammers and the strength of the Light, these holy warriors command forces in battle, all the while throwing themselves to where the fighting is the thickest

Rogues:At home in the shadows and skilled at disappearing from sight, the Rogues of Azeroth are most comfortable when acting in the background. Twisting events to their favor, striking only when advantage is greatest: this is where a Rogue excels. With their cunning tricks, physical abilities, and mastery of concealment and disguise, Rogues have no trouble finding employment as thieves, cutthroats, spies, and assassins

Priests:Priests lead the many faiths spread throughout the disparate lands of the world of Azeroth. In Kalimdor, Night Elf Priestesses revere the moon goddess Elune, while Dwarven priests in Khaz Modan deliver the message of the Light to their people. In the ruins of Lordaeron, the undead priests of the Forsaken, their faith twisted and tainted by their tortured existences, spread a dark interpretation of the Holy Light. Regardless of their faith, however, all Priests share in their ability to manipulate the minds of those who turn to them for spiritual guidance

Hunters:Azeroth is home to a wide variety of beasts. From the new world of Lordaeron to the old world of Kalimdor, all manner of creatures can be found. Some are friendly, some are ferocious and aggressive - yet they all have one thing in common. Each creature shares a special connection with Hunters. Hunters track, tame and slay all manner of animals and beasts found in the wilds. Whether they rely on bows or firearms, Hunters consider their weapons and pets to be their only true friends

Warlocks:Warlocks were mages that delved too deeply into the roots of demonic power. Consumed by a lust for dark knowledge, they've tapped into chaotic magics from beyond the world. The Burning Legion now feeds them their powers, allowing them to channel destructive energies and call upon the powerful emissaries of their demon masters

Druids:Druids are the keepers of the world. Locked in slumber for generations, they awoke to meet the threat of the Burning Legion during its recent invasion. After Archimonde's defeat, the Druids chose to remain in the waking world and help to rebuild their shattered lands. The Legion's attack left a terrible scar on the natural order, and the Druids seek to heal it

Warriors:Warriors are the melee-centered class. These characters are tough as nails and masters of weaponry and tactics. The special abilities of the warrior are naturally combat-oriented

Mages:The Mages of Warcraft once centered their powers within the mageocracy of Dalaran. After that kingdom's destruction by the Burning Legion, however, the arcane arts spread to the far corners of the world

Shamans:Shamans are the spiritual leaders of their tribes and clans. They communicate with spirits, have visions of the future, and guide their people through the darkest of times. Many mistake their wisdom and serenity for a pacifist nature. When challenged, though, shamans have a range of powers available for dealing with threats to the natural order

I hope that helps a little.
BTW, the WoW website helps a lot

Cloud Striffe

Cloud Striffe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
So would a night elf be better as a paladin, warrior, rogue or druid? Those are the ones i have been looking at and i am kinda set on the night elf but i might go with the human.

kraz3d

kraz3d

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
either a rogue or druid. are u going to play on a PvP server or Normal?

Cloud Striffe

Cloud Striffe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
I will be playing the PvE server I was thinkin about druid because you can transform but i like the warrior because of the big armor but i like the rogue because of the dual wield daggers.

kraz3d

kraz3d

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
druid probably would be the best choice

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
Dude where did u find the trial. I can't seem to find one.

kraz3d

kraz3d

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
if u know sumone who bought the game, they have a certificate thingy for 14 free days that they can give to u

Caljif

Caljif

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
first off i have no idea wat ur on about since night elves cant be paladins only humans and dwarves can. 2nd b a paladin since there so overpowerd u cannot kill them....no joke. Plate armor at level 40 that magical shield and full heal just makes them unkillable and wat do the horde get....a crappy mail wearing shaman that cant protect himself completely and heal back to 100% in a matter of 2 seconds....paladins just take the piss since they say shamans are overpowerd

Mike-pxndx

Mike-pxndx

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
:) I like priests to heal people, hunters have a good dps.
But i think a shaman would be good.
take a look at this video i found :whistling: :blink: :help: :)
http://www.youtube.c...=craftingworlds

Caljif

Caljif

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
i found shamans damage melee to suck so im guna have to go to mage from my warrior since im too used to going in there and meleeing

Fat_Dave

Fat_Dave

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Just go for what you want to. In all honesty there is no best PVP class, and no best PVE class. It all comes down to your playing style.

For example. Do you like damage? Do you like to melee as well as go ranged? Then a Hunter is your choice. Alternatively, do you fancy being the main man that can take a lot of damage? Then a warrior is your choice, but they don't deal as much damage.

Each class has their own role:

Hunter - High DPS
Druid - Healing + Off Tanking (bear form)
Priest - Healing + DPS (Shadowform)
Warrior - Tanking (taking damage if you aren't sure)
Mage - Medium DPS + Crowd Control
Paladin - Healing + Tanking
Shaman - Healing + Medium DPS
Warlock - High DPS
Rogue - High DPS

You said you wanted to go on a PVE server. Then I highly recommend a Druid to start with. They can tank in bear form, DPS in feral form and are amongst the best healers in game. Obviously, as you level you'll get bored and start again (it always happens). Eventually you'll find a class that suits your style.