Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What can I delete?

• Please log in to reply

U_D

U_D

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
Hi, I don't have a very big harddrive, only 20 gigs, I would like to make more room on it, and Have a couple of games, which take up quite a bit. But i was wondering, if there was anything specific I delete, that would not make any problems. I need this because i am starting to get into design, and Need the room for other things. Also, I'm not sure if this is where this topic goes.

Posted Image

Advertisements

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
U could start by emptying ur Recycle Bin.
Next delete files in the Temp folder.
The above two steps can also be done by Disk CleanUp.

U can also delete ServicePackFiles Folder, its just a dump by the Service Pack Setup.
If you are not going to uninstall ur current Windows Service Pack, u can delete the $NtServicePackUninstall$ Folder.

Also, run Disk CleanUp after every 15days.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
With the price of hard drives you can easily expand your file space. I've bought 80gb drives for $40.00 out the door with no annoying rebate. If you're working with video I recommend you make the larger drive the slave and when you encode files read from one drive and write to the other. This is much faster than reading from and writing to the same drive.

With XP installation is a snap, you generally will use cable select and place the new drive on the slave connector. when you boot up you will get two prompts from New Hardware, after that you should see the drive in My Computer, you can then format it and you're in business.

U_D

U_D

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

With the price of hard drives you can easily expand your file space. I've bought 80gb drives for $40.00 out the door with no annoying rebate. If you're working with video I recommend you make the larger drive the slave and when you encode files read from one drive and write to the other. This is much faster than reading from and writing to the same drive.

With XP installation is a snap, you generally will use cable select and place the new drive on the slave connector. when you boot up you will get two prompts from New Hardware, after that you should see the drive in My Computer, you can then format it and you're in business.

View Post

Yea, I'm getting a 250, gb harddrive, in a week or two from my father, And I would like to test out versions of linux on this harddrive, before I use it on the other.

And darth_ash, the recycler isnt the recyle bin, I emptied that today. And 15 days, Good idea.