Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500

• Please log in to reply

LunaRose

LunaRose

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,
I recently bought a new graphics card - NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500. After installing the card with no problems, I installed a game and the graphics wouldn't work properly so I installed the drivers for the card which fixed that particular problem. But now when I try to view videos in Windows Media Player, the videos stay a sort of transparent white, and can't be viewed properly. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Advertisements

U_D

U_D

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
I think... It's not the video card, but possibly a thing with windows media player. There is a way to change the colors and possibly whitebalance, i forgot how, but that may be why.

LunaRose

LunaRose

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I should mention that it doesn't seem to happen to all the videos I try, which have all been .avi, but I can't seem to find any pattern to which videos will work and which won't. Also, this wasn't a problem before I updated the drivers for the card.

I also tried the videos in DivX player, and it has the same problem.

Edited by LunaRose, 28 July 2005 - 10:47 AM.