Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Compaq Hard Drive, BIOS problem.

• Please log in to reply

christopher.colwell

christopher.colwell

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Here is my problem. My wife has a very old Compaq deskpro 4000. I think it is 350 mhz and i put a 10 gig drive in it a few yaers back. The other day she was running out of room and rather than spend the time deleting stuff for hours i told her i was just going to wipe it and start all over. I go to reload it, fdisk, format the drive, which say`s 2 gig now. I cant get into bios with the f10 like im suppose to and i ran a compaq utility that i downloaded that showed something was wrong with the hard drive, but not detailed. I decided i would try to deal with the bios first and take the cmos battery out, wich i found was sodered. I really just need to know is there a way to flash the bios in ms-dos? will that help me? Ive tried all the bootup disk`s like the bootdisc.com and others. Even a program reference would be help. I would just buy her a new one but strapped with new house payment.. Please help

Advertisements