Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Stop Error on Windows XP - ?

• Please log in to reply

frameltons

frameltons

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hey guys - I can't start windows xp - i got a stop error page that mentions the following :

file: ntfs.sys
PAGE-FAULT-IN-NONPAGED-AREA

nyfs.sys-Address F743FBD4 base at F741B000, datestamp 41107eea

i was playing dungeon siege on monday when the game crashed and when i couldn't load the game again i tried to uninstall then re-install the game - when i i restarted i couldn't get back into windows - it won't even work by booting with the disk - i think it gave me an error 7 when i tried that -

any ideas ? ...

Advertisements

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Could be damaged RAM, download Memtest86+, to scan ur RAM.

frameltons

frameltons

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
i can't download anything if i can't get the computer started ....

lewis747

lewis747

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hey guys - I can't start windows xp - i got a stop error page that mentions the following :

file: ntfs.sys
PAGE-FAULT-IN-NONPAGED-AREA

nyfs.sys-Address F743FBD4 base at F741B000, datestamp 41107eea

i was playing dungeon siege on monday when the game crashed and when i couldn't load the game again i tried to uninstall then re-install the game - when i i restarted i couldn't get back into windows - it won't even work by booting with the disk - i think it gave me an error 7 when i tried that -

any ideas ? ...

View Post

try to reboot the windows :tazz:

frameltons

frameltons

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
windows will not boot from the hard drive or from the disk - when i try to set up a second hard drive i get error code 7 ...

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Download memtest86+ as i told u before, u can download it from ur friend's PC, Burn the bootable ISO as a CD.
Or better yet u could try one of ur Friends RAM chips on ur PC; or if u have multiple RAM chips, remove one and see if the PC starts.

frameltons

frameltons

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
that'll take a little doing to get a cd burned but i'll give it a try - in the meantime i pulled the modem out of the pci slot and switched out the video card but still can't boot - i have 2 x 512 sd ram chips - i thought i would have gotten a different error code if there was a problem there but i'll try that too - i think i've still got a couple of 32's around someplace ...

frameltons

frameltons

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
i was able to copy that iso on a floppy but i never got around to using it - i pulled on of my ram modules and was able to set up windows again - d'oh - i had trouble getting the modem and sound cards to work but everything seems to be running ok - i've been busy loading my stuff back in - man what a pain this has been - anyway thanks for your help - as usual the solution was a simple one that i just didn't get or over-looked ....