Create Account Login to Account

Stop Error on Windows XP - ?

• Please log in to reply

frameltons

frameltons

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hey guys - I can't start windows xp - i got a stop error page that mentions the following :

file: ntfs.sys
PAGE-FAULT-IN-NONPAGED-AREA

nyfs.sys-Address F743FBD4 base at F741B000, datestamp 41107eea

i was playing dungeon siege on monday when the game crashed and when i couldn't load the game again i tried to uninstall then re-install the game - when i i restarted i couldn't get back into windows - it won't even work by booting with the disk - i think it gave me an error 7 when i tried that -

any ideas ? ...

Advertisement

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Could be damaged RAM, download Memtest86+, to scan ur RAM.

frameltons

frameltons

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
i can't download anything if i can't get the computer started ....

lewis747

lewis747

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hey guys - I can't start windows xp - i got a stop error page that mentions the following :

file: ntfs.sys
PAGE-FAULT-IN-NONPAGED-AREA

nyfs.sys-Address F743FBD4 base at F741B000, datestamp 41107eea

i was playing dungeon siege on monday when the game crashed and when i couldn't load the game again i tried to uninstall then re-install the game - when i i restarted i couldn't get back into windows - it won't even work by booting with the disk - i think it gave me an error 7 when i tried that -

any ideas ? ...

View Post

try to reboot the windows :tazz:

frameltons

frameltons

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
windows will not boot from the hard drive or from the disk - when i try to set up a second hard drive i get error code 7 ...

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Download memtest86+ as i told u before, u can download it from ur friend's PC, Burn the bootable ISO as a CD.
Or better yet u could try one of ur Friends RAM chips on ur PC; or if u have multiple RAM chips, remove one and see if the PC starts.

frameltons

frameltons

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
that'll take a little doing to get a cd burned but i'll give it a try - in the meantime i pulled the modem out of the pci slot and switched out the video card but still can't boot - i have 2 x 512 sd ram chips - i thought i would have gotten a different error code if there was a problem there but i'll try that too - i think i've still got a couple of 32's around someplace ...

frameltons

frameltons

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
i was able to copy that iso on a floppy but i never got around to using it - i pulled on of my ram modules and was able to set up windows again - d'oh - i had trouble getting the modem and sound cards to work but everything seems to be running ok - i've been busy loading my stuff back in - man what a pain this has been - anyway thanks for your help - as usual the solution was a simple one that i just didn't get or over-looked ....

Advertisement