Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

from fx5200 to.....

• Please log in to reply

burgy

burgy

• Pip
  • 5 posts
hello everyone. i have a 128mb ddr ram agp8x ge force fx5200.ive had enough of its performance :tazz: and want to upgrade to something a bit faster,but ill be getting a brand new dell pc in about a year,so i dont want to spend too much money.itll be going on my p4 1.6 gig,with 512mb ram and i wondered what you guys would recommend,as i havent bought a new graphics card for afew years now,i dont mind using ebay or ebayer say,im in the uk so please bear that in mind. id like to try my best to stay below £100 if i can.

Edited by burgy, 28 July 2005 - 02:53 PM.

Advertisements

burgy

burgy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
im feeling a little alone here? (maybe i am! ;) ) can anyone tell me if id notice a lot of difference between my fx5200 to a radeon 9800 pro? i can get a 128mb agp one of those in my price range :tazz:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i'm not sure about the differences betwen those cards but....if you're gonna be getting a new computer in a year you could either wait till then and deal with it.....or get a really nice card that will work in your current pc then get the lowest available card on the new pc when you order it (saving a little money on the system) then just install the nice one in that machine....though by then it will be a little old

burgy

burgy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
thanks for the reply but id rather do it this way so when i get my new pc,it will be bought with brand new technology (or there abouts! lol)