Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

keyboard/mouse (ps/2)

• Please log in to reply

neilp4453

neilp4453

• PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
i am using a p5gdc deluxe (the one without onboard video) and a 530j cpu by intel. i sent in my mobo before and just got it back. it was replaced with a new one. before, my usb wouldn't work. well, I put everything together and it started up. at first, there was no picture. after trying again to turn on my pc, there was picture. but I couldnt get into bios or anything. so I let it load and I got a error which went by quick so I couldnt read it fast enough. windows started loading normally except once loaded, my mouse or keyboard doesn't work. so I restarted and I took a picture this time. the error said "Keyboard/Interface Error No Keyboard detected! Press F1 to resume"

well, after windows loaded this time, my mouse started working. my keyboard still didn't work. so I restarted again. and this time, my keyboard and mouse both worked. So I restarted again just in case. This time they didnt work. And after like a few restarts, the mouse came to life again for like 2 seconds. I have used two ps/2 mouses so far and I know they work. The keyboard works as well. Or it worked on my old pc just like 3 hours ago. ALso, sometimes, my picture stops working. But starts working again after a few restarts. I was thinking there was short so I put it on a phonebook. The same exact thing. The mouse and keyboard don't work. But when I put it back together, I havent gotten video problems yet, but its only been like 10 minutes of trying to get it to work. I examined the ps/2 ports and everything looks fine. I don't know wut the problem is, since the ports do seem like they work and did work for a while.

I thought it was a hardware issue and sometimes, I do get that screen saying there was a hardware issue and asks me to load normally, safe mode, etc. but I can't choose anything beccause my mouse doesn't work. I wanted to reintall xp thinking it was because of a new mobo (even though it is the same type) but I can't choose anything. The usb do work now so I can get a 10 dollar usb keyboard (dont know about the mouse though), but I rather get these to work.

Any help is appreciated. Also, I just noticed that when the system is booting, and I try to press any bad, I get a like small beeps. So hold it down I get like a beepbeepbeepbeep sound.

UPDATE:
It seems as though if i dont press anything on the keyboard, the mouse will work. but as soon as I hit a key on the keyboard, it stops working. And like I said before, during boot, I can hear a small beep if I press a key on the keyboard.

Edited by neilp4453, 28 July 2005 - 07:42 PM.

Advertisements