Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MS Excel 2003 - VB Macro for Reporting - RESOLVED

• Please log in to reply

tloftus

tloftus

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all,

My first post on this forum, looking for some assistance. I've got a template for a report that I need to run aprox. 500 times each quarter. The template is completly automated, except input is needed for an ID Number, Start Date for the report and End Date for the report.

I'm trying to get a macro set up in a seperate workbook with a list of the ID Numbers, and a seperate field for Start Date and End Date. I need the macro to burn through that list, update the 3 fields in my template and Save As a different file name.

I hope I have explained what I'm trying to do but I'm stuck with this whole looping thing in VB which I'm sure I'll need.

I've attached a simple rendition of what I'm trying to accomplish, when running the macro in generator.xls it will open report.xls and update the three fields (Start Date / End Date / Name) and then 'save as the' 'Name' field (these will all be unique) in the same folder.

Can anyone offer any assistance?

Thanks in advance.

Got looping figured out!!!!! Thanks anyway.

Tom

Attached Files

Edited by tloftus, 29 July 2005 - 07:04 PM.

Advertisements

paper

paper

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
tloftus,

I downloaded your zips and have seen a few names in generator.xls but there is only one date. Could you change the structure to
Name Start Date End Date
Joe 12/12/2004 1/1/2005
... .... ....
or any structure to let each name have start and end date?