Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

multi-function keyboard

• Please log in to reply

Bobber1

Bobber1

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I've got an older gateway computer with windows 98se and a multi-function keyboard that only one of the multi-function keys work. The one that does work is the sleep button. I've been into the control panel and opened the multi-function keyboard,and changed the couple of keys that they let you change, but they still won't work. The rest of the keyboard is find. Any help would be appreciated. Bobber1

Advertisements

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
Topic: Multi-function keyboard bobber1
Date: 29th July-2005

Need more information:

Did the keyboard come with the Gateway? What is name of Keyboard? What is Model Number? Is it an Internet Keyboard with keys for the Internet. Do you have manual for keyboard? Did you install software for it? The manual might be on the installation CD as a pdf file. Is it a PS2 – USB – or Serial Keyboard? How long have you had this keyboard?
How many Multifunction Keys? Describe them.

“Google”: the NAME and MODEL NUMBER and MULTIFUNCTION KEYBOARD & find the keyboard webpage. May have to update driver.
look for FAQ’s.

“Google”: the NAME and MODEL NUMBER and MULTIFUNCTION KEYBOARD and WIN-98 SE CONFIGURATION

Should get more information than you will ever need!!!!!

Jack123

Bobber1

Bobber1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi Jack123 I found what I needed on a restoration disk. Not on the windows 98se that I'd been looking in. I have only one problem now and maybe nothing can be done about it. The volume and mute work,the help spot, internet, e-mail, shortcut, and sleep buttons all work. The 4 buttons for the cd player work if you use the cd player under programs, accessories, intertainment, cd player. It will not work with media player 9. Is there any way I can direct those four keys from that player to media player9. By the way, I found no matches on google about this. This complete computer is a gateway windows 98se. bought in 1999 by my daughter. The keyboard model number is G9900H serial numberB577394 and the part number is 7001456 and the name is gateway. Please let me know if I can change the direction of those keys. Thanks for sending me the Information on where to look, Thanks Bobber1

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
Glad you have it solved.

I do not think it will work with Media Player 9. You need to direct the keys to a resident device in computer. . I don't think that is the case for this player. Isn't it an Internet thing? I am not sure??

Happy Keyboarding!!
Jack123