Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

OIN, Aurora - just about evything is in my laptop!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Helo some kind soul out there!

I have been trying to remove some vicious malware from my laptop. Here is what I have done so far:

1. Tried to run online Bitdefender and RavAntivirus but they both failed. I am plagued by pop up windows that open on their own. Even when Internet explorer is not running, it starts running on its own. And now I have aurora as well on my laptop!:tazz:

2. Then i ran McAfee AVERT Stinger. It functioned ok

3. Ran CCleaner. Functioned ok.

4. Ran Ad-Aware. Functioned ok.

5. Spybot - it freezes my laptop. Everything is ok until it reaches 63-/26237: Central 24. Then it says ther has been an EFOpenError and spybot will have to shut down.

6. Next I ran CWShredder, Kill2Me, aboutBuster, HSRemove. All worked ok.

7. Tried to run hijack this and post the log.but instead of going to notepad, it opens SAS on my comp - my edition of SAS has expired and therefore my comp shut down on its own and restarted after i ran hijackthis. So now I dont even know how to share the log with you!;)

please help if you are able to.

thank you in advance,

thank you in advance for your help!

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 645 posts
Welcome to the Geeks To Go forum.:tazz:

Please Click here!, and follow the recommendations in the guide.

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
Duplicate post, please continue here;

Topic closed.