Once installed, run the program and in the bottom right hand corner click 'Check For Updates'. Update Ad-aware following the prompts and then configure and scan as per the instructions below:
1.Close ALL windows except Ad-Aware SE.
2. Click on the ‘Gear’ icon (second from the left at the top of the window) to access the preferences/settings window.
3. In the ‘GENERAL’ window make sure the following are selected in green:
*Automatically save log-file
*Automatically quarantine objects prior to removal
*Safe Mode (always request confirmation)
*Prompt to udate outdated definitions - set the number of days
4. Click on the ‘SCANNING’ button on the left and select in green :
-Under Driver, Folders & Files:
*Scan Within Archives
-Under Select drives & folders to scan:
*choose all hard drives
-Under Memory & Registry: (all green)
*Scan Active Processes
*Deep Scan Registry
*Scan my IE favorites for banned URL’s
*Scan my Hosts file
5. Click on the ‘ADVANCED’ button on the left and select in green:
-Under Shell Integration:
*Move deleted files to recycle bin
-Under Logfile Detail Level: (all green)
*include addtional object information
*DESELECT - include negligible objects information
*include environment information
-Under Alternate Data Streams:
*Don't log streams smaller than 0 bytes
*Don't log ADS with the following names: CA_INOCULATEIT
6. Click the ‘TWEAK’ button and select in green:
-Under the ‘Scanning Engine’:
*Unload recognized processes during scanning
*Scan registry for all users instead of current user only
-Under the ‘Cleaning Engine’:
*Let Windows remove files in use at next reboot
-Under the Log Files:
*Include basic Ad-aware SE settings in logfile
*Include additional Ad-aware SE settings in logfile
*Please do not check and make Green: Include Module list in logfile
7. Click on ‘PROCEED’ to save the settings.
8. Click ‘Start’
*Choose: 'Perform Full System Scan'
*DESELECT "Search for negligible risk entries", as negligible risk entries (MRU's) are not considered to be a threat.
9. Click ‘Next’ and Ad-Aware SE will scan your hard drive with the options you have selected and clean automatically.
10. If Ad-Aware SE finds bad entries in the registry or bad files, you will receive a list of what it found in the window. Right click on any of the bad entries and click on 'select all'.
11. Click ‘NEXT’
12. Close Ad-Aware SE.
let us know if it removes the oin file.