Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pop Up Box

• Please log in to reply

Kati Leigh

Kati Leigh

• Pip
  • 6 posts
;) this only happens when we switch users :: a box pops up

mediaAcck.exe ( and when you click ok this one pops up ) mediaaccess.exe

but they both say this in them ...
the application failed to initalize properly ( 0xc000042 ) Clikc on Ok to terminate the application .

when you click on OK the boxes just pop up back and forth and you cant do anything else so you have to hold the power button to restart the computer .. :tazz:

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Get thee to the malware forum.

http://sarc.com/avce....mediapass.html

Edited by Tyger, 28 July 2005 - 08:44 PM.

Kati Leigh

Kati Leigh

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
thanks for that but it all really means nothing to me ... im stupid when it comes to that stuff . i get ont he computer mainly to chat , and thats really all i know how to do . LOL . that looks so werid to me , i dont understand any of it !!

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
If the people in the malware forum can't help you and the Symantec people can't help you then you may need to take your computer to someone who knows how to remove the problems.

Kati Leigh

Kati Leigh

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
:tazz: Ok i have read this over and over , and ive got down to the part where im supposed to delete those files...in doing that will it mess up my computer anymore .. ??? ;)

Kati Leigh

Kati Leigh

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
can i reinstall XP - will that work . and keep all my personal stuff , my games and all ???? ;) :) :tazz:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
follow the instructions from the malware forum...i can promise that you will not be told to remove anything that is neccessary for your machine to operate

Kati Leigh

Kati Leigh

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
ok thank you . ill try it and post again under this if i need any more assistance .. but can you tell me how this problem occured , i bought the McAfees firewalls and virus scan programs ... is there any others that are better ( firewall and virus scans ) that i can download ?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
the only real way to stop malware is to never connect to the internet