Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Sound and Video slowing down

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I have a new Sony Vaio Computer that I bought a few months ago and I am having problems when I play DVD's. The sounds messes up and sounds like it kinda skipping or slowing down the video slows down as well. And there are lines all through thte video.

Also when I am trying to do two things at one time...like convert a movie and check my mail...the sound that your mail makes when you recieve mail is all distorted and slow.

Here are the specs for my computer http://reviews.cnet....7-31256859.html

It's like the computer cannot do two things at once...and I think it should at least be able to play a DVD or a video...my old computer could do two things at once and it only had a 1.8GHz Processor and no hyperthreading

Is there any way to fix this problem??

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Playing DVDs are ram/cpu intensive... even with hyperthreading.

You may have too many processes running, or anti-virus programs doing monitoring while you're trying to multitask.

How many tray icons are shown by your clock?

Open Task manager and see how many processes it lists that have started.

Ask yourself if you "need" all these startup programs, and kill the ones you don't need.