Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

address bar

• Please log in to reply

lucky777

lucky777

• Pip
  • 1 posts
OK, so i'm using IE and everyone knows how when your typing in a url it shows websites that it thinks your going to and you just have to click on it to go there. It is just something that really annoys me when it keeps popping up with websites. I was wondering if anyone knows a way to clear the websites or to just stop it from popping up for that matter.

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to G2G:

Control Panel>Internet Options>Content..

Click on Autocomplete.. Now remove the checkmarks from all area.. Click on Clear Forms and Clear Passwords..

Apply and okay out..

Murray

biardar

biardar

• Pip
  • 1 posts
excuse the lack of computing knowledge, but could someone tell us how i could remove a particular web address from my address bar.
online poker. wife back in three days. knife, testicles. dustbin. i really hope someone can help...

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

biardar: You would be better served starting your own thread rather than hijacking someone else's.. Fixes could become confusing otherwise!!

Disable autocplete as clean the forms and passwords..

Then, clean out your History, temp and temp internet folders..

Murray