Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Neighbors Using my wireless connection

• Please log in to reply

kepayne228

kepayne228

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
I would like to secure my wireless connection so people around me cannot use it. How do I do this? Can I let just one other person use it?

Advertisements

Justin

Justin

I do a little bit of everything

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
This is definately possible. You need to log into your router or modem, whichever provide your wireless.

Your user manual, which is usually included in the CD of your router/modem will tell you how to log on and set up the wireless security.

There are a few ways for you to do this.

You can set up MAC Authorization, where you can make it so only MAC Addresses that you supply.

There are also some other methods like WEP, which allows you to make a hex code that people will need to insert to connect to your network.

Once you get onto your wireless router/modem, I can help you more.

kepayne228

kepayne228

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
Okay when I get home from work I will attempt this and post then.