Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help me get laptop working again

• Please log in to reply

kendo2222

kendo2222

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
hi my sony laptop froze whislt installing xp pro from xp home, wouldnt boot at all. i took the hard drive out and plugged it into a usb case then reformatted it on my other pc. when i put it back into sony laptop it says no operating sytem, prolem was i didnt have the bios password so couldnt set boot mode. is there any O/S or programs i can put onto the hard drive which would force the sony to read and enable me to re install a operating system. i couldnt find any info on the sony bios battery to reset. does this mean i cant use the laptop any more.pls help

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
The only way to reset the password is to remove the battery.

If you post your specs, perhaps people will help you hunt down the maintenance manual to point you in the right direction.

makai