Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

safe overclocking

• Please log in to reply

operation ivy

operation ivy

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
hey everyone im planning on overclocking my
HIGHTECH EXCALIBUR RADEON 9550se 256mb (rv350)

my specs are:
AMD Athlon XP, 2166 mhz (13 x 167) 2700+
1024mb ddr sdram

this card was fine for a while but with these new games coming out theres no chance this card will be enough.

im just wondering what your guys opinions on how far i can SAFELY push this card. recently i blew an old psu but im willing to attempt this again. i dont think i will need additional cooling (my case is currently at 34 C and my CPU is at 11 C). i dont really want to blow another 50 bucks on a new psu. im looking for max core and max mem. i am greatful for your opinions.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Emm your temperature sensors are broken those temps arent possible. Overclocking the gfx card will make little diference to performance, the reason why newer games dont run as well on older cards isnt there lack of power its there lack of new features.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
just don't lilsten to this lady's brother http://www.geekstogo...c=48702&hl=heat

Cook1

Cook1

• Pip
  • 5 posts

just don't lilsten to this lady's brother http://www.geekstogo...c=48702&hl=heat

View Post

Haha, I needed a good laugh for the day!

operation ivy

operation ivy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
lol yeah it was late when i made that post. my program is messed up the temps are weird. anyway...my question was answered elsewhere thanks for the erm... help...

dragonfire

dragonfire

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
i have just sent my pc man &asked him will he overclock for me as i dont want to stuff things up