Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Spy sheriff

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

eddieegg

eddieegg

• Pip
  • 1 posts
When I've calmed down sufficiently I'll ask for help as to how to get rid of the bloody thing. The experts on here are doing a great job in helping repair the damage done by spy sheriff but it would seem sensible to get the source rather than repair the damage.

SS (spy sheriff) is trying to extort money from me to remove the thing they infected my computer with. And extortion is the correct word. It's a criminal offence in the UK to extort money. I have been on the UK site of SS (by dropping my security and privacy slide bars in internet option - so it must read IP's). I now have a UK address which is where someone can be contacted. Could someone do the same in the US and let me know what it is please? (preferably one on each of the east and west coasts as SS seems to operate as a franchise basis).

Could someone let me know what methods of payment are accepted by spy sheriff in the US and the UK - ie Visa Amex etc - the reason is that the credit card companies take their cut from any payment made to SS. Which as far as I understand is racketering and is a federal offence in the US. There is a similair offence in the UK. I think that there is every chance that the merchant authorisation could well be withdrawn with a little police pressure. Sorry if this has been raised before but I have some slight connection with the law in the UK.

Advertisements

tampabelle

tampabelle

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 6,363 posts
Hi eddieegg,

Your idea is good. The only problem is that most of the "Staff" members here are working in the capacity of volunteers. We are all taking time from our daily life, work and family to help out in this forum.

Given such a lose structure, it would be very difficult for us to take on a corporate in a legal battle.

If there is anything that we can do to help you, please let us know. I am sure that if you succeed in UK, then people in US are going to follow in your path.

As far as SS is concerned, if you still have it on your PC, we will help you clean it up. You dont have to pay anything to the "extortionists".

Please visit this Page and follow the instructions for posting a Hijack This log. I will have a look at it