Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bad Connection

• Please log in to reply

Djay

Djay

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hi :tazz:

I recently upgraded to AOL broadband. Everything was ok at first but for the past couple of weeks my connection has been terrible. I keep getting cut off all the time. This coincides with some recent problems I have had with spyware. Usetobe helped me out there on the malware forum and my system is now clean of all the crap that was affecting it. I now have the latest windows updates as well as firewall and anti virus protection. I've scanned my system again and there appears to be no spyware whatsoever present.

AOL customer services are a joke. They offered me no solution other than to check for spyware. Is this problem down to AOL just being rubbish?!

Any suggestions would be grand

Cheers

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
it probably has alot to do with the fact that aol sucks dirty donkey balls.....but it may also be a firewall setting....we'll get back with you......for now...what type of firewall are you using? windows firewall?

Djay

Djay

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
I'm using McAffee

And your not wrong about AOL. They suck BIG TIME

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
the mcaffee firewall? just as a test...disable the firewall and see if yo ucan connect....if you can...disconnect and enable the firewall...

Djay

Djay

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
I can connect OK with McAffee. I've dropped the security setting from Tight to Standard. Dunno if that will help?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
it might