Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win XP Wireless problem

• Please log in to reply

axelebermann

axelebermann

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My network card is installed, I am usually able to connect to the desired wireless network - but somehow I do not get internet access - no matter how often I run the internet assistent.

This especially occurs whenever the hotel etc. has a page that pops up to log in.

Any advice ?

Advertisements

Spank_Me

Spank_Me

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Hi axelebermann

This especially occurs whenever the hotel etc. has a page that pops up to log in.

I have been to a few hotels and normally when you tell them that you want Internet access they will give you a username and password to log onto their system, then you will have Internet access. Without their username and password, you won't be able to get out. Your laptop will find the wireless access points, you should be able to speak with the hotel techs or receive a "user manual" on the processes.

axelebermann

axelebermann

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
That is not the issue. The problem is that the page doesn't even come up because the computer is hooked up to the network - but somehow not to the internet...

And that is not only if there is an access page...