Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

plain blue screen without message.

• Please log in to reply

gretags

gretags

• Pip
  • 4 posts
hello windows guru

i have a problem with our internet cafe... most of the PC's are randomly hanging by turning screen to blue(or the blue screen of death) and there is no message on it only plane blue screen. there is no longer an activity nor any function from alt + tab, cntrl + alt + del.

i already check for any spyware or adware, check for viruses, and even reformat and reinstall windows. but a day after that blue screen still apears. i also check if the hardware is installed properly both from physical and driver side, but plain blue screen without message still appears.

pls i need your help, we have 15 PC's and i think 8 of this have this problem.

all PC have gigabyte motherboard, 256 mem, geforce 128mb 5200, celeron 2.4.

hoping for your reply guys.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
are the computers idle when the blue screen comes up? or is someone doing something on them at the time?

gretags

gretags

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
it is random. sometimes while playing games it comes up, sometimes when pressing alt + tab while in the other game the problem occurs, sometime even when you press start it comes up. as i said it is random sometimes there is no blue screen and sometimes it does.

about your question if it is idle before it comes up i think its not because based on my first paragraph there is an event done before it happened.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
could you post the event log of one of the machines shortly after the event happens

gretags

gretags

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
guys it just happen that 1 of the PC has that problem(blue screen), i look through the event log but there is no error message

anyway heres the last log

application
SAVSCAN desc. savscan started

system
Service control manager
description:
the SAVScan service enter the running state

i look through the other PC who has the same problem and they have similarity in the system event log but differ in the application event log, the other one is logging about the Source ESSENT

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
open your services and put whatever that savscan deal is on manual...stop it..and see if you can cause the computer to do the same thing (i think savscan is part of an antivirus program)

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
Process File: SAVScan or SAVScan.exe
Process Name: Norton AntiVirus

Description:
SAVScan.exe is a process associated with the Norton Antivirus from Symantec and provides real-tmie protection from Internet bourne threats such as trojans and spyware. This process should not be removed to ensure that your system security is not breached.

gretags

gretags

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
what could be the cause of this? i already tried fixing it for almost a month now and i also search in the net if there is a case of a plain blue screen but i havent found one?

do you know someone that has the same problem as mine?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
well....since there is no error message....it's either malware, video card, or this antivirus thing.......it's hard to track down...that's why i suggested disabeling that service and seeing if it makes a difference