Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

EXCEL caused invalid page fault at 015f:3005c5eb

• Please log in to reply

jonlinx256

jonlinx256

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have one computer running office 2000 that can edit a particular file.
3 other computers cannot edit and get this message:
EXCEL caused an invalid page fault in module EXCEL.EXE at 015f:3005c5eb
This happens immediately after the file opens, and displays the entire first page.
The computer that works correctly never has any problems.

Any ideas?
--Jon

Advertisements

Spank_Me

Spank_Me

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Hi jonlinx256

Can we guess that all 4 cps are running the same OS, Office 2000, etc... Some of the newer versions of Excel and Access are not backwards compatible with the older versions.

Is it just one spreadsheet, can you run a test with the speadsheet, open the file on the cp that it works, go File - Save As, keep the same name but add Test or v2 to the end, save it to your desktop, copy the file (if small enough) to a floppy disk and try it on the trouble cps. Could be a formula in one of the cells, macro that is causing issues.

If you still get the errors with the test file, have you tried uninstalled and reinstalling Office on one of the trouble machines??

jonlinx256

jonlinx256

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I did a "save as" and picked 95 format.
This Worked!!!
There must have been some bad link somewhere that was not compatible between the different machines.
But everthing is OK now.
Thanks for the idea.
--Jon