And if you were wondering, I made sure that the M-Board was SLI compatible because I am thinking of heavily upgrading in 1 to 2 years time, and I think that there is a prosperous future for SLI (Correct me if i'm wrong). I am looking at possible updates at the mo but they will almost definately be outdated by then. Here is a good candidate for todays SLI.
XFX SLi TwinForce Kit (2 x GeForce 6800 Ultra 512MB DDR3) TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail (PVT45FYDF2) (GX-049-XF)
Let XFX Supercharge your gaming performance with the power of an XFX GeForce 6800 Ultra GPU. The NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra GPU delivers best-in-class performance and advanced visual effects for next-generation games. The only GPU in its class with support for MicrosoftR DirectXR 9.c Shader Model 3.0 and with full PCI Express support, that will deliver ultra-realistic
effects, unmatched features, and rock-solid stability so you can play your game the way it's meant to be played. Featuring groundbreaking technology innovations such as the industry's first superscalar 16-pipe architecture and support for the world's fastest DDR3 memory, the 6800 Ultra arms you with everything you need to tear through your favorite games at unbelievable frame rates. With 8x the floating-point shader power and 2x the vertex processing power over previous generation GPUs, the GeForce 6800 Ultra raise the bar for 3D graphics performance. The GeForce 6800 Ultra also feature NVIDIAR UltraShadowT II technology. Designed to enhance the performance of shadow-intensive games, like idT Software's Doom III, the second-generation UltraShadow technology delivers 4x the shadow processing power of previous-generation products. This TwinForce kit comes supplied with two cards pre-tested in SLi configuration for maximum performance potential.
- 2 x XFX GeForce 6800 Ultra 512MB DDR3 PCI-Express Graphics Cards
- 430MHz Core Engine Clock speed
- 512MB 1050MHz high speed DDR3 memory
- Superscalar 16-Pipe GPU Architecture
- High-Speed GDDR3 256-bit Memory Interface
- Dual 400MHz RAMDACs
- SLI Multi-GPU Support
- ATX v2.0 compliant PSU Required for PCI-E Graphics/Motherboard
- BEST choice for high texture required game, e.g. Ever Quest II
- Perform 40% higher than 256mb in 3d marks 05 4xAA, 8xAF mode
- first Dual Link DVI card which support maximum to [email protected]
super high resolution
- SLi Motherboard is required and ideally Enermax 600W PSU for SLi to function properly
EDIT: Having said that, these two cards both need the stupid PSU connectors.
. Oh well any more suggestions welcome.
Edited by tenbroya, 29 July 2005 - 07:29 PM.