Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Oulook wont click to web!

• Please log in to reply

popeye

popeye

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Yes, my outlook ex. just stopped working. I recieve mail but it wont let me click on ANYTHING, it does NOTHING! Also I have not been able to send either. I just had a trojan and avg took care of it, and I also ran Avast, Spybot, Spydoctor and CCleaner. Now it worked this morning(exept for sending mail), so i think one of those programs changed a setting but I wouldn't know what one. Here is the error for sending:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.alaska.net', Server: 'mail.alaska.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

When I set it up my incoming is pop.alaska.net and out is mail.alaska.net. Should I contact my ISP?

Thank You

Edited by popeye, 29 July 2005 - 04:32 PM.

Advertisements

fflowergirl

fflowergirl

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Hi Popeye.
I have the same problem with Outlook Express and get a similar message every time
I try to send anything....

Here is my thread here on Geeks but so far no solution.

I can't get Outlook Express to send mail.

Paste this in your google or yahoo search (from your error message)
and see what you come up with.....Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Oh, and if you ever find the solution; Please let me know...

I would try your Internet Provider....I think I will email mine again.
(Don't want to call them because it is 1.95 per minute!)

Thanks, Janie :tazz:

popeye

popeye

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
To no avail, It does not work. I just don't understand how I can recieve mail but cannot send! I also find it annoying that I cannot, lets say click on the link to unsubcribe. I have had to copy and paste to make them go away! THIS SUCKS, and I'm PISSED! My ISP tells me my setup is correct...BS! The only thing I know that will work is to reinstall windows, because this HAS happened before! I've tried sys restore...NOT! There must be a setting somewhere to fix this. HELP PLEASE, ANYONE AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

popeye

popeye

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok What the...? I thought I had it resolved but no! I was able to get the page to go browse but now it says my pass is not exepted! Its the same dame pass as my ISP! How in the [bleep] am I online anyway? It now will not receive new mail,grrrrrrrrrr!

fflowergirl

fflowergirl

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Hi Popeye.
I see you are still having Outlook problems and yes it is a ;) situation!

I recommenced your "Outlook Express trouble shooting site" to rbobbyd in his thread about Outlook problems.

If and when any of us get ours working, so it will 'send', let's be sure and share HERE how we did it! :tazz:

You do have another email account, right?

Because you can set up a Yahoo account for FREE.
It is a great way to email; I like it A LOT.

Don't give up. :) Janie :(

Edited by fflowergirl, 31 July 2005 - 04:33 AM.