Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't Uninstall Office 97

• Please log in to reply

SC_HoneyBee

SC_HoneyBee

• Pip
  • 7 posts
The uninstall will not work in trying to uninstall Office 97. I'm uninstalling at a friends advice due to an error (ODBC) that I receive when trying to install Office 2003.

I do not have the Office 97 CD either.

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
What is the exact error you are receiving?

SC_HoneyBee

SC_HoneyBee

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I was able to fix the problem late last night. I downloaded an Office 97 cleaner from microsoft.com and used that. I still ran into another error though in trying to install Office 2003. It was Error 1919. The microsoft.com site lead me through some manual registry editing. It seems that when I had uninstalled a trial version that I had of WordPerfect, it deleted some files that Office needed.

Thanks for the reply,
Christine

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Glad you got it worked out Christine. Sorry it took so long. Please check back if you have additional questions. :tazz: