Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

pmfiles.cab - agggh!

• Please log in to reply

GoodKitty

GoodKitty

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi there,

I'm super-green at this, but am having trouble getting rid of this file that's landed in my Windows/Temp/Altnet directory. Apparently can't be cleaned, quarantined, deleted, etc.

Can someone pls help me walk thru a solution and give me instructions for posting a log?

Thanks so much!!
GK

Advertisements

bandedenculer

bandedenculer

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
boot to safe mode command prompt only and type: (hit F8 during startup to get a menu and choose safe mode command prompt only)

del C:\windows\temp\*.* [enter]

reboot to normal mode

I'm sure the nazis that run this site would prefer that you post this question in the malware forum. They have "trusted techs" that answer your questions in there.

GoodKitty

GoodKitty

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank u! (yeah, give me an 'f' for 'able to follow directions' though... realized I should have posted this elsewhere)

Appreciate the help!

GK

trouduc

trouduc

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
I typed my above "code" too quickly. I imagine you'll need to type:

cd windows\temp [enter]
del *.* [enter]