Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

all voltages read abnormal, 0.000 in BIOS

• Please log in to reply

Cobra2468

Cobra2468

• Pip
  • 3 posts
when i turn on my computer i get a screen with this at the bottom

VOLTAGE HIGH LIMIT LOW LIMIT CURRENT STATUS
5.000 5.350 4.650 0.000 ABNORMAL
12.000 12.840 11.160 2.816 ABNORMAL
-12.000 -11.160 -12.840 -0.000 ABNORMAL
-5.000 -4.650 -5.350 -0.000 ABNORMAL

CPU FAN SPEED: 56864 RPM CHASSIS FAN SPEED: 56864 RPM
SYSTEM TEMPERATURE: 0 C CPU TEMPERATURE: 0 C

VOLTAGE ABNORMAL, PRESS ANY KEY TO CONTINUE...

i thought maybe it was hte power supply so i bought a new one and there was no change, im thinking motherboard now... what does everybody thinK?

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Did you reset the bios to defaults? Pull the battery out for a minute or two then reinsert it and restart your computer. Sounds like a corrupted bios.

Can you even get into bios? If you can, reset it to default settings.

makai

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
It's possible your power supply monitor circuitry has failed.

Cobra2468

Cobra2468

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
ive tried reseting the bios to defaults and i took out the battery too and it still does the same thing. i dont know what else it could be so i guess its fried.

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Sounds like the part of your motherboard that monitors the voltages isn't working. If the all those voltages really were zero, your system wouldn't power on.
The fact that you've already replaced the psu would suggest that the psu isn't the problem, so if the system lets you boot, you're probably ok to carry on using it as it is.

Cobra2468

Cobra2468

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
it doesnt boot up, it checks the flopps for something and says ok and then it just stays there. ide check what it says but ive got everything unplugged and piled up in the corner.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
You didn't say if this was a laptop or desktop. If it's a desktop, unload everything except the vid card, one stick of ram, the CPU, mouse, keyboard... then try powering up again and try getting into bios. It might be some peripheral loading one of the powerforms down.

By the way, is your bios chip replaceable? You might want to contact the motherboard manufacture and see if you can purchase a new bios chip. Should run anywhere from $6 to $15... much cheaper than buying a new motherboard.

makai