Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

memory could not be written

• Please log in to reply

wioneo

wioneo

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Neo ranger what do you mean by

type cd.. until you get to the c:/ root directory

Edited by wioneo, 23 November 2005 - 10:23 PM.

Advertisements

djoni

djoni

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I have been having the same problem and followed shist solution, although I did not have to create the system disk.

Go to Start and then RUN.
type cmd (This will bring up the dos window.
then type attrib -r -h -s boot.ini
follow that by typing edit.boot ini

The screen that follows should be the boot loader and should be in BLUE

Then just find the text NOEXECUTE and the test following it should read OPTIN or OPTOUT. replace the last bit with AlwaysOff
click on file and exit and yes when it asks you to save

back at the DOS prompt type attrib +r +h +s boot.ini to re enforce the attributes

type exit and everything should be fine

:tazz:

God Bless YOU, man. You saved my life :)

webpdq

webpdq

• Pip
  • 1 posts
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. I applied a new update to my media center PC yesterday and all of the sudden explorer started blowing up on me. It took me forever to discover that it was only blowing on dirs with avi files (which I make for a living). I edited the boot.ini as described and also turned off dr watson and now I am good to go. Thank you all for posting!

actcna

actcna

• Pip
  • 2 posts

I have been having the same problem and followed shist solution, although I did not have to create the system disk.

Then just find the text NOEXECUTE and the test following it should read OPTIN or OPTOUT. replace the last bit with AlwaysOff

back at the DOS prompt type attrib +r +h +s boot.ini to re enforce the attributes

actcna

actcna

• Pip
  • 2 posts
[quote name='Neo-Ranger99' date='Oct 25 2005, 06:46 AM' post='421626']
I have been having the same problem and followed shist solution, although I
did not have to create the system disk.

[b]HEY!!!!!! :) I had to restart to safe mode with command prompt to access this. It would not work @ start/run for me.

cd c:/ enter
then type attrib -r -h -s boot.ini enter
I also went into the control panel/system/startup and recovery/settings and "edited" the line to...
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=alwaysoff /fastdetect

[b]ANYWAY I JUST WANTED TO SAY THANK YOU FOR POINTING ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. I NO LONGER GET A ERROR CODE ABOUT WRITING TO MEMORY!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

ahken07

ahken07

• Pip
  • 1 posts
The instruction at "0x00d92097" referenced memory at "0x00db0bc4" . The memory could not be "written"

what this heck , when i closed certain program it display me these problem
it makes me can't access some program like games successfully.

any solutions ?

my hijack result is
O4 - Startup: Adobe Gamma.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Startup: No-IP DUC.lnk = C:\Program Files\No-IP\DUC20.exe
O4 - Startup: 腾讯QQ.lnk = C:\Program Files\Tencent\QQ\QQ.exe
O4 - Global Startup: SSH Accession.lnk = C:\Program Files\SSH Communications Security\SSH Accession Lite\ssh_accession.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: 上传到QQ网络硬盘 - C:\Program Files\Tencent\QQ\AddToNetDisk.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: 使用 FlashGet 下載 - C:\Program Files\FlashGet\jc_link.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: 使用网际快车下载 - C:\Program Files\FlashGet\jc_link.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: 使用网际快车下载全部链接 - C:\Program Files\FlashGet\jc_all.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: 全部使用 FlashGet 下載 - C:\Program Files\FlashGet\jc_all.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: 添加到QQ自定义面板 - C:\Program Files\Tencent\QQ\AddPanel.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: 添加到QQ表情 - C:\Program Files\Tencent\QQ\AddEmotion.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: 用QQ彩信发送该图片 - C:\Program Files\Tencent\QQ\SendMMS.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_05\bin\npjpi150_05.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_05\bin\npjpi150_05.dll
O9 - Extra button: QQ - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157b} - C:\Program Files\Tencent\QQ\QQ.EXE (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: 腾讯QQ - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157b} - C:\Program Files\Tencent\QQ\QQ.EXE (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: FlashGet - {D6E814A0-E0C5-11d4-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - C:\PROGRA~1\FlashGet\flashget.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: &FlashGet - {D6E814A0-E0C5-11d4-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - C:\PROGRA~1\FlashGet\flashget.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DEDEB80D-FA35-45d9-9460-4983E5A8AFE6} - C:\Program Files\Tencent\QQ\QQIEHelper.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: QQ炫彩工具条设置 - {DEDEB80D-FA35-45d9-9460-4983E5A8AFE6} - C:\Program Files\Tencent\QQ\QQIEHelper.dll
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O10 - Hijacked Internet access by New.Net
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {00B71CFB-6864-4346-A978-C0A14556272C} (Checkers Class) - http://messenger.zon...kr.cab31267.cab
O16 - DPF: {0CBF7EDC-17EC-442C-8AE9-5E804707B6CA} (NeffyClient Class) - http://dist.cdnetwor...neffy/Neffy.cab
O16 - DPF: {14B87622-7E19-4EA8-93B3-97215F77A6BC} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zon...nt.cab31267.cab
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft....k/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {48884C41-EFAC-433D-958A-9FADAC41408E} (EGamesPlugin Class) - https://www.e-games....GamesPlugin.cab
O16 - DPF: {88D969C0-F192-11D4-A65F-0040963251E5} (XML DOM Document 4.0) - http://www.survival....etup/msxml4.cab
O16 - DPF: {8E0D4DE5-3180-4024-A327-4DFAD1796A8D} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zon...nt.cab31267.cab
O16 - DPF: {B38870E4-7ECB-40DA-8C6A-595F0A5519FF} (MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class) - http://messenger.msn...pDownloader.cab
O16 - DPF: {B8BE5E93-A60C-4D26-A2DC-220313175592} (ZoneIntro Class) - http://messenger.zon...ro.cab32846.cab
O16 - DPF: {DF780F87-FF2B-4DF8-92D0-73DB16A1543A} (PopCapLoader Object) - http://www.popcap.co...aploader_v6.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{11C3D8B3-5C6D-4F59-B0E4-66899E4FABC3}: NameServer = 202.188.0.133,202.188.1.5
O18 - Protocol: livecall - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Apache2 - Unknown owner - C:\AppServ\Apache\bin\Apache.exe" -k runservice (file missing)
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: CA ISafe (CAISafe) - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\isafe.exe

Edited by ahken07, 28 May 2006 - 08:46 AM.

Zhaoxin

Zhaoxin

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Sorry, my computer has occured this question. Now I can't open my computer folders and IE directly. I only open my compute folders through other Internet Explore. Can you have tell me how to correct it?

Error:The instruction at “0x246c9fo”memory referenced at “0x00000000”. The memory could not be written.
Question: Can't open Folders and IE at normal mode. Moreover, every starting computer, it will give one sound of "dang". At other mode, the sound will not occur. Maybe some drivers were wrong. How to find which application have error while starting.

But I can use my computer correctly at Safe Mode, Administrator's normal mode.
Please tell me. Thanks a lot.

wangja

wangja

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi, i'm a new user here, but i had the same problemeand googled my way here to this topic. ^^

just wanted to say, i also find a simpler way here
http://www.microsoft...p/depcnfxp.mspx

Disabling DEP system-wide using boot.ini

To disable DEP using boot.ini

Click Start, and then click ControlPanel.

Under Pickacategory, click PerformanceandMaintenance.

Under or Pick a Control Panel icon, click System.

Click the Advanced tab, and in the Startup and Recovery area, click Settings.
Figure 8 Startup and Recovery settings

Figure 8 Startup and Recovery settings

In the SystemStartup area, click Edit.
Figure 9 Boot.ini file in Notepad

Figure 9 Boot.ini file in Notepad

In Notepad, click Edit and then click Find.

In the Findwhat field, type /noexecute and then click FindNext.

In the Find dialog box click Cancel.

Replace the policy_level (for example, "OptOut") with "AlwaysOff” (without the quotes).

WARNING: Be sure to enter the text carefully.

Note: Your boot.ini file switch should now read:

/noexecute=AlwaysOff

In Notepad, click File and then click Save.

Click OK to close StartupandRecovery.

Click OK to close SystemProperties and then restart your computer.
Verifying DEP is Disabled

To verify Memory Protection settings are applied

Click Start, and then click ControlPanel.

Under Pickacategory, click PerformanceandMaintenance.

Under or Pick a Control Panel icon, click System.

Click the Advanced tab.

In the Performance area, click Settings and then click DataExecutionPrevention.

Verify that the DEP settings are unavailable and then click OK to close PerformanceSettings.

Click OK to close SystemProperties then close PerformanceandMaintenance.

and so far so good, it's been working 4 me.
hope this helps

reborn94

reborn94

• Pip
  • 1 posts
O2 Oxygen
i resolve the memory error problem,by removing the Dvix software and its ok. thank for advice

Skiro

Skiro

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am having a similar problem as this, and can't find any way to fix it really. Not in any english forums atleast.

My "Memory could not be "written" " error number, is always the same though. Which is 0x7c882fc4.
Though, this happens with every program I start to run.

Advertisements

deadsam

deadsam

• Pip
  • 1 posts

:whistling:

Ok I didn't go into dos to do this, I just went righht into the boot.ini.backup file instead.
this is what mine showed me:
[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect

So I added at the end /NoExecute=AlwaysOff
so it reads like this now:
[boot loader]
timeout=30
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect/NoExecute=AlwaysOff

then I save it and closed it.
I rebooted the system, it seems to work abit better now now, but I took it to a sight where I know it always happens and volia it still happened.
I was wondering if I missed a step or if I have to do the dos commands at all?
I tried to wing it in dos but I guess I aam not putting in the right commands or something.
Anyone else have any suggestions?
Any help will be greatly asppreciated.

tunin

tunin

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I love you!!! This was a life saver. THANK YOU. THANK YOU.

the instruction at "0x01b03397" refrenced memory at "0x00000000" the memory cant be "written"
after getting into many forums reading many threads i found out the reason of this d*** error msg
and how to solve the problem ...

be happy guys its solved by me :whistling: .. first let me add
my pc spec
i'm using win xp build 2600 sp2
intel p4 3ghz
512mb ram
geforce fx5600

the main reason i started getting this error msg was the time i updated to sp2, so here is how i get
rid of this d*** error msg.
step 1 : check out system properties -------->advanced------->performance---------->DEP (Data Execution Prevention) if its on then its the main cause of ur problem if not... then ur not lucky as i am.

step 2 : how to disable this d*** thing , its not easy though but i could handle it
first make a system disk if u dont have one already with attrib.exe file and edit app running
from dos coz u wont be able to edit the file which has the problem in it in windows.

step 3 : the file we are looking for is boot.ini which is located at c:\ the main dir of ur booting hard-disk

step 4 : startup (boot) from the system disk u made then do these commands
1. attrib -r -h -s c:\boot.ini "remove the hidden,read only, system properties from file"
2. copy c:\boot.ini boot.bak "back-up the boot.ini file"
3. edit c:\boot.ini "now here where we should start adding the option to disable DEP"
in file u will see --->
[boot loader]
timeout=4
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=Optin
C:\ = "Microsoft Windows"

the only command we want to change is the /NoExecute option
change the /NoExecute=Optin to /NoExecute=AlwaysOff
now just exit when prompt to save the edited file just select YES

step 5 : change attribs back to normal by this commanmd
attrib +h +r +s c:\boot.ini

step 6 : restart windows normally and i hope u get rid of this d*** thing i was havin too :blink:

any questions about these step feel free to drop me email at [email protected]

regards , and good luck everybody

tunin

tunin

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I still love you all. My problem was gone for some time and it cam up again. I can't edit boot.ini out of "windows" cmd so I need to boot in dos mode with a startup disk that has the attrib.

But my problem is that my C drive is a SATA so when I boot in with the boot disks I have the dis is not seen. Please help. How to make the sata visible in DOS. Thank you.

I just had a look at my boot.in and this is all it's in there, as you can see there is no NOEXECUTE or the OPTIN... WHAT DO I CHANGE, ADD, REMOVE?????

[boot loader]
timeout=0
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /execute

PLEASE HELP. I AM GOING CRAZY!!!

Edited by tunin, 26 September 2006 - 05:21 AM.

tunin

tunin

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Someone. HELP! Thank you.

XP-wiz

XP-wiz

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I just innstalled sp2 in xp. after that i got some issues with drwtson. changed the settings on that i regedit. now i am unable to open any folder on my computer that contains movie files. this is the error msg: explorer.exe - application error The instruction at "0x21c3397"referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be "written" Click on OK to terminate the program. Click on CANCEL to debug the program. My job is editing so i got a lot of movie files... :help:

Here's my success story! :rofl:
I installed SP2 on my old laptop and had the same problem. I uninstalled the whole thing and tried to install it again. No success. :blink:

1. I disabled DEP (Data Execution Prevention) in boot.ini and that didin't help. :)
2. I created a new user account.. that didin't help either.
3. I scanned my computer with Ad-Aware SE Personal and it found a high risk threat.. and now..

I tried to open IE.. SUCCESS! It worked! :rofl: :help:
I switched account to my old name.. and it worked there too.
Maybe all of these steps are neccesary.. maybe not..
I hope this can be helpful to someone.. good luck! :whistling: