Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer running slow! [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

drew28

drew28

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
How do i make it so ZoneAlarm alows programs to run? I wont uninstall it if I can figure that out. When ever i startup Netscape it asks me if i want to deny or allow it to run.

Advertisements

drew28

drew28

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Also, your instructions on how to disable programs from startup dont work. When I type in MSCONFIG in run it doesnt work. I tried it all lower case but still didnt work. I am on windows 2000! Sorry if I got you confused with my other computer. How do u disable programs from starting up on WINDOWS 2000??

If I disable AVG and ZoneAlarm from startup will ZoneAlarm still be doing what its suppose to but just not pop up everytime I log in?

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
U can download MSCONFIG from here http://www.perfectdr...o/msconfig.html or here http://www.techadvic...sconfig_w2k.htm

Don't disable ZOne alarm or AVG in startup, or you will have to mnaually open it to keep your computer protected

I am not familiar enough with zonealarm to advise you on that. I have sygate and I know if i double click on the icon next to the computer clock i can see whats running and what I have blocked.

Excal

Edited by Excal, 11 August 2005 - 04:04 PM.

drew28

drew28

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Okay, I got the MSCONFIG Installed. I still have Zone Alarm for the Windows 2000 computer but not the XP Computer because I already have Norton AntiVirus 2005 Firewall on that one. The Windows 2000 computer is working good now. I got Firefox installed and working properly. I still havent figured out how to uninstall Hummingbird Neighborhood though. Theres just one problem. I disabled everything except for ZoneAlarm and AVG to start on start up but the shut down and start up times are unbelievably slow!!! I need some help with that. Thanks for all the helpfull stuff you have shown me and helped me with!!!

Excal

Excal

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
I would suggest that since you are Malware free, that you go into this forum http://www.geekstogo...2003-NT-f5.html and post another thread as they would be able to help your better

Thanks,

:tazz:

Excal

Excal

Excal

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :tazz:

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.