Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

trojan.desktophijack

• Please log in to reply

Matasovsky

Matasovsky

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
Short time surfer to this site, first time posting. I'll need some hand holding.

Used this site to clean up my home computer from a virus. Need help again for a different computer (former co-worker) and different virus (trojan.desktophijack). Never used HijackThis, but seeing it getting used A LOT on here. Would like to try using it with this problem, where can I get it? Is it pretty straight-forward?

Thanks in advance for the help I'm about to receive!

Mark

Advertisements

LIONWOODS

LIONWOODS

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Welcome to G2G, ;)

You can download Hijack This from Geeks To Go. Go here and download the file. It's pretty easy to work on, but you will need to get your log verified to identify a virus. :tazz:

Matasovsky

Matasovsky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
I'll go there now and download it.

After I download it, I plan to install it on the infected computer and, when I run it, get a log. I will then copy/paste that log, as I've seen it done by others, in order for the log to be verified by someone, yes?

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Hi Matasovsky and welcome to GeeksToGo!

If you are having malware issues, please got to the following site and follow all the instructions carefully.

You Must Read This Before Posting A Hijackthis Log

this will help you clean up to 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

Thanks,

:tazz:

Excal

LIONWOODS

LIONWOODS

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Excal's 100% right. Post your log in THAT forum, not this one.