Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AWinnet.dll problem after Alemodidll virus [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

siaus22

siaus22

• PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
Ok so i had the alemodi virus and followed the instructions that someone else had here http://www.geekstogo...are-t44805.html

It had infected the wininet.dll file which I understand is a file to do with internet connections. Have followed completly and about to run SFC/scannow to see if the windows files are still original.

However, I still ahve a problem connecting to the internet. (isn;t my machine but my aunt's) All virus/adaware/spybot scans come back clean. And Mcafee no longer says that the alemodi virus is there. Now if SFC/scannow comes back good have I missed something? is it worth downloading a clean version of Wininet.dll and overwriting?

Can't post a hijack this log as can't get on the net but have run one and dosen't look to be anything out of the ordinary there.

Advertisements

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Hi siaus22 and welcome to GeeksToGo! My name is Excal and I will be helping you.

I apologize for the delay getting to your log, the helpers here are very busy.
If you still need help, please post a fresh Hijack log, in this thread, so I can help you with your Malware Problems.

Really need to see one if u can get one on here.

If you have resolved this issue please let us know.

:tazz:

Excal

siaus22

siaus22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
Hiya,

Problem seems to be sorted now. Have run a winsockxp and thats cleared the intnertne problem. Ran Hijack this again and cleared any problems that seemed to be with malware.

One question tho, McAfee does seem to be popping up saying its cleaned such and such virus. Which made me wonder that despite a pandasoft online scan with auto clean and also a mcafee scan, a Microsoft AnitSpyware, Spybot and Adaware scans that something is still there.

Hijack this comes back pretty clean now by looks of it. Will try and post one iof I can, but with internet running properly and not slow (runs like a fast conneciton again) didn't want to tinker too much

Excal

Excal

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Your choice. If you would want would like to see one.

:tazz:

Excal

Excal

Excal

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :tazz:

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.