Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Anoying Problem [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

-fx7-

-fx7-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
no matter what i do, i cant delete this file grr

Advertisements

MrCharlie

MrCharlie

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 170 posts
Download and unzip the KillBox to a folder

Open up the KillBox.
Select the Delete on Reboot option.
In the field labeled Full Path of File to Delete copy and paste this in.

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\LOGCB.DLL

Hit the delete button
OK
Reboot the computer

If you recieve an error message and your computer doesn't restart, please restart it manually.

Let me know, MrC

-fx7-

-fx7-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Lol, its still there. I was actually workn wit this prog at the time i checked up on my thread here.

-fx7-

-fx7-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
if i try to rename or move it or delete it or change the read-only attribute, etc. i get the message Cannot delete/move/etc. logcb: Access is denied.
Make sure disk is not full or write protected and the files are not currently in use.

-fx7-

-fx7-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I figured out a way to delete it, tho i'm not sure if it'll be permanent for this virus. I booted into safe mode, right clicked the logcb.dll file, then properties, and changed the security on it. I changed the security settings to where i can delete any type of protected file or protection on that file, whichever. So i deleted it and i havent gotten any alerts on the virus yet so maybe i'm good. Thanks for the help..... so far lol.

Edited by -fx7-, 30 July 2005 - 02:59 PM.

MrCharlie

MrCharlie

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 170 posts
Well Done!

That .bat file I had you create and run should have done that but I guess for some reason it didn't work.

LOGCB.DLL was part of the oringinal infection

This was the first log after running the fix:
(7/30/05 11:33:07 AM) Stealth-String found: C:\WINDOWS\System32\logcb.dll
(7/30/05 11:33:07 AM) Error while add to delete. Try another way... : C:\WINDOWS\System32\logcb.dll

This is the second: Looks like it was deleted - didn't show in this log but must have not.
7/30/05 11:34:02 AM) Bad IE-pages: (none)
(7/30/05 11:34:02 AM) Stealth-String not found
(7/30/05 11:34:02 AM) Not infected->END

MrC

MrCharlie

MrCharlie

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 170 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :tazz:

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.