Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Malware, Trojan Virus help Please

• Please log in to reply

kevin the kitten

kevin the kitten

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hi all, I've been reading this forum for a few days now and I hope you can help me, I've browsed some similar threads but I couldn't find anything exactly like my problem so I decided to post my own if thats ok, I'm totally confused about exactly what I've got so here goes....

It started off the other day when I suddenly got a virus warning from my Norton AV (Fully up to date) telling me I had picked up a 'bloodhound' virus. it couldnt repair or quarantine it, my in ternet explorer homepage vanished and kept taking me to some PSGuard site no matter what page I tried to open. It aslo placed a few extra shortcuts on my desktop for gambling, dating and spyware etc.

I ran Adaware SE which found a load of stuff then deleted them (but it finds them every time I scan).
I then ran Spybot S+D which found a load of other stuff and deleted most of them except something called Smitfraud(?). I then looked on the net and found something to remove that (but it didn't work) as its still there.
Now I'm still getting constant warnings from Norton telling me I have a virus but now its called w32.desktophijack and again it can neither quarantine or delete it.
I seem to have regained my homepage though and the PSGuard page only now appears occasionally.
My confusion is have I partly removed my problem?
Has this virus changed names or is it a new virus?
Have I more than one problem?
If so are they related?
What do I do next?
I'd really appreciate any help you guys could give
Thanks

Advertisements

kevin the kitten

kevin the kitten

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Sorry for posting in the wrong forum, I've just copied and pasted it to the correct one now, so this thread can now be ignored and deleted.
Thanks

Edited by kevin the kitten, 30 July 2005 - 07:00 AM.