Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

xp sp2 not seeing ipod

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Windows is not seeing my ipod and not creating an ipod icon. I installed all the software with the ipod and Itunes sees the device just fine. I can synch all my tunes and photos (I have the 60G Iphoto) and everything works well within Itunes. However, there is no ipod icon in windows, and when I go to my computer, there is no drive listed for it.

Also, I cannot use ephpod because it wants to know which drive the ipod is, and it just isn't listed in the list.

Can anyone help?

Edited by cbharkins, 30 July 2005 - 08:56 AM.

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
Topic: XP-SP2 NOT SEEING ipod Poster: cbharkins
Date: 30th July- 2005

Need System Information:

Type of PC? Laptop – Desktop – Tower
Motherboard Name – Model – CPU – RAM
Sound info: Onboard or external

Need more info on the ipod . . . I am not familiar with it? The ephpod (?) is this your syncing/docking station? Is it USB OR IEEE 1394 ? Give me the complete proper name & P/N and Model of ipod peripheral device, and all the accessories. I can look up the specs & see if your PC/Motherboard supports it. And then we can start from there.

Edited by Jack123, 30 July 2005 - 05:49 PM.