Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cool Cases!

• Please log in to reply

tenbroya

tenbroya

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
I have seen loads of pictures on the back pages of magazines of uber-cool computers with really good looking cases.

I am looking to build a good spec Gaming machine, but all the cases I look at are either outrageously expensive or get really bad reviews. :tazz:

Could anyone please reccomend a good case for less than £80 (inc. VAT).

Though it must have a lot of Fan mounts (3 and over), and I think the ones with the side windows look really cool but that is not as important as good airflow.

Cheers, Tenbroya

Edited by tenbroya, 30 July 2005 - 09:53 AM.

Advertisements

RogueComGeek

RogueComGeek

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
this site looks like it has a nice selection of cases hehe.
lots of cases
and is local to teh UK also :tazz:

tenbroya

tenbroya

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Cheers, great site :tazz:

Tenbroya

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
overclockers always keeps the best cases in supply although they also tend to be the most expensive cases i like the akasa eclipse case great features was almost going to buy one but i just couldnt part with that much money for a case. Mind you im very happy with my lanboy 52 pounds from amazon and arrived next day with free delivery.

RogueComGeek

RogueComGeek

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

overclockers always keeps the best cases in supply although they also tend to be the most expensive cases i like the akasa eclipse case great features was almost going to buy one but i just couldnt part with that much money for a case. Mind you im very happy with my lanboy 52 pounds from amazon and arrived next day with free delivery.

View Post

well i still have a 5 year old case that i have used for awhile lol. found ways around the 1 fan avaliable in the back by putting a bay fan in to help the cooling from the front and a perty good quality HSF and replaced the 6600gt's hsf with a better one lol. replaced the north chipset heatsinks with a hsf lol. been busy changing the system a bit hehe

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You could always have just drilled a fan mount in the side or top of the case.

_Radek_

_Radek_

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
this is my favorite case (and also the one i own!) I would recommend it to anyone
http://www.bigbruin....logisysphantom/
Edit: However it doesn't come with a PSU, or at least mine didn't, but that might be cos i cought it without

Edited by _Radek_, 01 August 2005 - 03:07 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Nice lookin case, but the lack of a PSU is a good thing.

_Radek_

_Radek_

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
yeh. and it keeps the price down! :tazz:

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16811146007

Posted Image

:tazz: ;)

desca

desca

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16811129152

tenbroya

tenbroya

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Thanks a bunch guys :tazz:. I have ended up choosing the Enermax CS-527 from http://www.xcase.co.uk.

This is partly cos its so cheap, but mainly cos my best friend has one and it looks way cool. Especially with the pre-fitted CC tube and LED fan.

Thanks again for your help everyone, it is well appreciated.

Tenbroya

_Radek_

_Radek_

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
cool choice. Althought i prefer mine :tazz:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Pre fitted cold cathodes now thats cheating you, takes half the fun out the job if you get a fully premod case. I admit i slightly cheated as mine came with the window but i wasnt going to try and cut through a steal or aluminium case.

My next job is an 80 mm fan mounted onto the window to keep gfx and pci cards cool and m,aybe another 120mm on the top and a pair of blue cold cathodes inside and a led or cold cathode to replace the rear 120, maybe some kind of alteration to the door on the front as well. It takes away half the fun if you buy a pre mod. I always thought the enermax ones looked kind of tacky from the front with the gloss finish but i suppose thats easy changed if you dont like it.